• The Traditional Ribbon laces are our most comfortable traditional lacing option yet. The ribbon is the same material used between the toes on our ATS laces, but for the entire length of the lace. If you love traditional laces, but have trouble with irritation from our thicker leather laces, give our Traditional Ribbon a try. Only purchase the Traditional Ribbon + Plug if you have a countersunk toe hole in your sandals, otherwise purchase the regular Traditional Ribbon laces. Sandals made from a DIY kit do not have a countersunk toe hole.
• The 1/4" leather laces are high quality wax impregnated latigo leather. They are strong and comfortable.
• The Hemp laces are a soft braided hemp that actually get a little tighter when they get wet, which can often be a good thing. Only purchase the Hemp laces + Plug if you have a countersunk toe hole in your sandals, otherwise purchase the regular Hemp laces. Sandals made from a DIY kit do not have a countersunk toe hole.
• The ⅜” Leadville leather laces are 10mm wide (all other traditional laces are about 6mm wide), adding extra security and strength to your sandals. These laces may not be as comfortable for those that are new to wearing huaraches as they are very thick and sturdy between the toes.
• All our traditional laces are 72 inches long (includes extra length for reties).
Lace Weights (per lace)
1/4" leather lace: .7 oz
3/8" Leadville lace: 1.2 oz