**ATS Laces are not available on DIY Kits - The ATS laces require a countersunk toe hole and special tools and care to install on DIY sandals, therefore they are not available as a DIY option at this time. **
Influenced by designs that have been around for at least 10,000 years in North America, Luna's DIY Kit encourages the proud human tradition of making your own footwear.
Making sandals from a Luna Do-it-Yourself Kit is fun and relatively easy. Some tools are required, though the options for cutting and preparing these sandals are endless.
You can find links to a list of recommended tools and how-to instructions in the "Instructions" drop down menu in the header.
The kit includes a sheet of soling material, laces, and an optional leather footbed with glue.
**Once you begin making your DIY sandals, the kit can no longer be returned for a refund.**
Soling sheet sizes:
• 9" x 11" (roughly 23 x 28 cms); 11" x 12" (roughly 28 x 30.5 cms - comes in two 5.5" x 12" sheets)
If both your feet fit on a standard sheet of paper (8.5" x 11") then order the standard size ( 9" x 11"). If your feet are larger than that order the 11" x 12" size (comes in two 5.5" x 12" sheets). If your feet are longer than 12" then send us an email and we will send you the size you need.
• The leather laces are high quality wax impregnated latigo leather. They are strong and comfortable.
• The hemp laces are a soft braided hemp that actually get a little tighter when they get wet, which can be helpful in soggy conditions.
• The 10mm wide Leadville leather laces feel more secure and are stronger than the other laces.
• The Black and Blue Traditional Ribbon laces are our most comfortable traditional lacing option yet. The ribbon is the same material used between the toes on our ATS laces, but for the entire length of the lace. If you love traditional laces, but have trouble with irritation from our thicker leather laces, give our Traditional Ribbon laces a try.
• All our traditional laces are 72 inches long (includes extra length for reties).
Soling Material Options:
• 6mm Neoprene- Light weight, Molds well to your feet, comfortable, works best for paved surfaces and light trails, minimal tread.
• 4mm Cherry- Thinnest option, great ground feel, firm feel, good traction, doesn't mold to your feet, can be floppy.
• 8mm Leadville Pacer- Great for trails, light weight, good tread and traction, good rock protection, molds to your feet well, less ground feel on paved surfaces.
• 10mm Leadville- Great for trails, best rock protection, molds to your feet well, good tread and traction, least ground feel on paved surfaces.
• Leather Footbed (brown or black)- Very comfortable, helps sandal mold to your feet, some moisture absorption, can become slippery when completely soaked.
• Naked Top (No leather)- Better in really wet conditions, lighter weight.